ESSENTIAL ACTIVITIES FOR TOPIC 4
- Complete the following table :
BEER GLASS VOLUME (mls) Pint 425 ml Butcher 200 ml Pony 140 ml Schooner 285 ml Imperial Pint 570 ml
- What three hygienic points must be used when serving drinks in glasses?
- Glasses should always be checked for cracks or chips.
- Glasses should always be checked for lipstick or other stains.
- Ensure a fresh glass is used every time to dispense drinks.
- To ensure hygienic handling glasses should always be handled away from the rim (top) when either empty or full.
Using the learning guide, familiarise yourself with all of the glasses listed in this topic. You should recognise them by sight and be able to name them.
Once you think you can recognise and name the glasses, fill in the names against the pictures below.
|1 2 3 4 5||1 Highball
2 Old Fashioned
|1 2 3 4||1 Pint
|1 2 3||1 Port Glass
2 Sherry Glass
3 Elgin Liqueur Glass