ESSENTIAL ACTIVITIES FOR TOPIC 2
- List three ‘hand habits’ which are unacceptable when working as a bar person.
- List five situations in the workplace which necessitate the washing of your hands.
1. Bad ‘hand habits’ such as the following are mainly responsible :
- rubbing your nose
- touching your hair
- scratching your beard
- putting your fingers to your mouth
- scratching your body.
2. You must wash your hands in the following situations :
- on arrival, before commencing youe shift :
- after visiting the toilet
- after handling garbage or garbage containers
- after using a tissue or stifling a sneeze or a cough
- after touching or scratching reservoir areas such as nose, mouth, hair, sores, pimples or areas below the waist
- before resuming work after any break or change in work areas ;
- after smoking.