Self Test 7
You are a waiter in the banqueting department of an international hotel. Your hotel caters for a large variety of events.
Complete the following questions by writing the correct answers underneath.
1.What is meeting?
2.What is a seminar?
3.State six items which may be placed on the tables for a meeting, as described in this topic.
- A meeting is a gathering of people where all members of the group participate in the conversation. A meeting can take from one to several hours and may involve up to 20 people. All participants sit around one table.
- 2. A seminar is a gathering of people who attend a presentation or speech and May involve several hundred participants.
3. – Jugs with ice water, juice or mineral water on under – plates (no doilies) placed on the table.
– Water glasses should be placed near the jugs, upside down.
– Mints may be offered in small bowls.
– Writing pads
– Information material