Self Test 6
You are a waiter at a wedding party.
1.List the thirteen points of the sequence of service and toasts, as discussed in this topic.
1. Order of service and toasts
– Receiving line
– Filling of (champagne) glasses for the first toast
– Royal toast
– Commencement of the service of the meal
– Toast proposed to the bridal couple by the bride’s father or a close relative
– Response by the groom, who will thank the bride’s father for the speech and propose a toast to the matron of honour and the bridesmaids: “on behalf of my wife and myself etc”.
– Response by the best man behalf of the bridesmaids
– Any other toasts
– Best man reads telegrams and congratulations
– Cutting of wedding cake
– Bridal waltz
– Bridal couple change into going away